Kentucky Association of REALTORS®
Position: State Association Executive
The Kentucky Association of REALTORS® (KAR) is seeking an Association Executive to head our state wide organization. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the State Association Executive will lead the over 8,000 member organization while proficiently managing a 6-10 member professional staff located in Lexington, KY. The AE will be focused on developing and implementing member-centric programs while increasing professional and ethical standards, and continuing education programs. Additionally, the AE will plan for, and travel to local, state and national conferences, representing Kentucky, as well as preparing for and attending all Board meetings. The AE additionally manages the execution of the decisions made by the BOD and delegate body, is liaison to the National Association of REALTORS® and drives legislative advocacy. The successful candidate will ideally have experience in Real Estate Association Management, while possessing demonstrated ability in public speaking/communications skills, employee leadership and fiscal management skills.
• The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree (or combination of education and directly related Association experience)
• Association Management, preferably in Real Estate preferred
• CAE and/or RCE certification a plus
• Strong, confident communication skills and ability to work with diverse membership and Board
• Solid implementation skills, organizational and multi-tasking ability, while meeting goals/objectives
• Excellent demonstrated people skills and experienced managing professional employees plus associated HR responsibilities
• Sound fiscal management, including budgeting, P&L, and being pro-active to income sources
• Skilled in political advocacy, lobbying, governmental affairs
• Able to skillfully plan for and attend local, State and National meetings
• Demonstrated management skills, including but not limited to time management, project implementation, advocacy, logistics, and new technologies with an eye to the future.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume with a cover letter, email address and daytime phone confidentially to: Lynda McNamara, President, McNamara Search Associates, Inc., email: email@example.com.
Kentucky Association of REALTORS® is an equal opportunity employer.