Nationwide Open House Weekend
April 20 - 21, 2013
The Kentucky Association of REALTORS® has teamed up with associations across the country for one weekend of Nationwide Open Houses. The purpose is to encourage those who are thinking of buying a home to take advantage of unique home market factors including low interest rates, good selection of inventory and Kentucky's low cost of homeownership. REALTORS® should also take this opportunity to educate potential home buyers on the benefits of homeownership.
Invite your clients and any members of the general public to explore their local real estate market. Consumers will be assured that they can visit the open houses with no pressure to purchase, and the REALTOR® on duty will be happy to answer their questions about the home buying and selling process.
Reasons to participate
- Historically low interest rates, plentiful inventory and low prices
- An opportunity for one-on-one conversations between the public and REALTORS® regarding the local market
- A venue for REALTORS® to education the public about homeownership, their local community, and what options (buying vs. selling, downsizing, etc) are right for their potential buyers and sellers
- Last year's Nationwide Open House event served as a catalyst for connecting REALTORS® with buyer and seller clients
- First-time buyers are especially encouraged to take advantage of this event and speak to a REALTOR® as a first step toward homeownership
Be sure to include your open houses for that weekend on the MLS, your social networks and in other promotions you are putting together! We'll be directing the public to this website and you can direct them to your listings on the MLS or personal sites as well. This is at no cost to you! This year, KAR will not be providing balloons - it is highly recommended that you use blue balloons to tie to your open house signs as an identfying sign that you are participating in the event (see below for a link to order balloons). KAR will be providing free graphics, flyers and ads available for download below. NAR will be promoting the event on a national level.
Use these tools to help build excitement and participation among REALTORS® for Kentucky’s 4th annual Nationwide Open House event:
Follow the Nationwide Open House on Twitter: #NOHW13
Event flyer (for custom sizes, please call KAR)
NAR resource page
Handouts for clients
Balloon ordering page
Logo (poster size)
Web banner (no dates)
To download a graphic: Click any of the links above to preview the graphic, then right click on the image and click “Save Picture” or "Save Image As."
Local board/association announcement
15 free ways to promote the open house
5 arguments for open houses
Open House Quick Start Guide
NAR Field Guide to Open Houses
Article: 8 tips for a successful open house