Candidate Training Academy
Will be held on the Monday prior to the Legislative & Business Meetings in Frankfort. Contact Anetha at email@example.com for more details or to register.
The Candidate Training Academy was developed to give REALTORS®, REALTOR®-friendly candidates, or those who are contemplating being a candidate an introduction to and expectation of how to run for political office.
It is intended to give candidates a valuable head start in their political journey, as well as information on how to run a successful campaign.
Candidates, at all levels, look fondly on their candidate training experiences and often, later in their careers, come back to the same entities for additional training. Building loyalties and friendships at all levels of government can be a valuable membership benefit of its own. It means better protection of real estate issues, individual property rights, brokerages, and the real estate profession for years to come.
In addition to building relationships, opportunities exist to educate and inform local elected and appointed officials on issues that affect REALTOR® members, homeowners, and real property.
Upon completion of this training session, participants will be able to:
• Assess whether they possess the basic traits necessary to run for office.
• Outline (in 30 seconds) why they are running for office.
• Describe the elements necessary for developing a campaign plan and begin the planning process.
• Discuss their research needs based on their target audience and their budget estimates.
• Based on their individual campaign's strengths, plan for the fundraising methods that can prove most effective and lucrative.
• Determine the best methods for contacting their constituents, based on voter demographics and budget.
• Analyze the electronic campaign options available and determine which, if any, will prove most effective for their outreach.
• Assess the multiple avenues to approach a Get Out the Vote (GOTV) plan and determine the most useful elements for their campaign planning.